About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, recently moved from B.C. Canada to Sonoma County, California. My art revolves mainly around photography/modeling, sculpting, writing, drawing, and making weird, witchy dolls
The links are to my, and my b/friend's photoblogs. Check them out if you like ... or if you're not into fineart nudes ... then don't.

free weinies and beer

watermelon sugar

Sunday, June 15, 2008

A NEW KIND OF TRIP

I’ve always been soothed by playing music very loudly. It probably sounds counter intuitive, but somehow, having music roar into my ears, relaxes me when I’m feeling tense. It brings me back to myself, or something.

So I’ve taken over Mike's Ipod.

Before the great Ipod discovery, I used to press my ear to my CD player’s speaker when I needed to “get away”. The Ipod is so much better.

Here I am, walking around with music blasting into my head, but no one else can hear it. I’m in my own private world. I have a soundtrack to my day, and it’s for me alone. To everyone else, I’m sitting here quietly.

I step off the deck, and into the back yard, approaching the artichoke bed to the sounds of the Beatles’ “Polythene Pam”

I look up from my watering, just as our friendly pair of blue jays zoom past. I hadn’t heard them, I just happened to look up at the right moment. They’re flying in time to Whitestripes’ “Little Ghost”

It’s a kind of acid trippy experience. It answers to all my baffling solitary/loner needs.

No comments: